Friday 3 May 2013

New Player in the Game

       New player? And what game? Those two words are the analogy for my journey into enrolling to a college. And by new player I meant a new factor has emerged in this whole web of complications involved in my decision making of where to go to college. I know that I told you that nothing could change my decision of going to KY but this "player" has serious potential to alter my decision and change the whole course of the "game". And that "new player" is Kolej Tunku Ja'afar (KTJ).

       So, I was checking out some stuff on Google and suddenly I googled the college just to make some comparison with KY. There's no harm in that right? WRONG! I stumble upon an article written by one of its students and discovered that among the Clubs that they have there is MUN, Model United Nations. I suddenly got excited since KTJ has the name, the prestige, the uniform (yes, I love them) and the club that I want to join. So it's perfect right? Hmmm, not quite the case.

       Since the article didn't mention how much the fees are, I decided to ask one of my friends (Suah Jing Lian), and the answer I got surprised me. RM 150K (my currency)!!! I was like, whoa. That's about more than 2 times the price of KY and my bursary (a pre-university scholarship for those who achieved 9A+ and above) won't cover that. Nevertheless, I calmed myself down and decided to send an email to the Ministry of Education to appeal on using my bursary on either KTJ or KYUEM. Long shot but you'll never know. Fingers crossed.

       Also, I gave a call to the KYUEM people, asking about my application and they said the offer letter will be sent to successful applicants after 21st of May. And on that same date of latter, I could give them another call asking about the status of my application. Fuhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment